We are a talent incubator offering professional development and valuable exposure to emerging artists through a combination of live events and digital experiences. Our newly redesigned platform now gives fans the power to discover and influence music’s next wave of superstars!
Apply today for your chance to gain:
> Professional development & mentorship
> Live performance experience
> Music industry connections & insight
> Major visibility, both live and online
&&& career-launching opportunities!
Record a video that best showcases your talents and upload it to YouTube. Simple. Then, complete the online registration form and submit it along with your audition clip before the deadline.
– Registration opens: Feb 12, 2018
– Registration closes: March 5, 2018
Led by a team of industry coaches, the top 21 submissions will take part in a series of challenging rehearsals to help you grow in key areas such as vocals, stage presence & style!
– Toronto: April 7, 2018
– Vancouver: April 14, 2018
– Montreal: May 5, 2018
The day kicks off with a Music Industry Workshop, followed by a live performance by all 21 finalists. Cameras will be rolling, so be original. Take risks &&& do whatever it takes to stand out!
– Toronto: April 8, 2018
– Vancouver: April 15, 2018
– Montreal: May 6, 2018
Footage of each performance will be uploaded to our online gallery where fans can vote for their favourite videos. Acts with the highest amount of votes will earn various career-launching prizes!
– Voting opens: May 15, 2018
– Voting closes: May 31, 2018
*See FAQ section below for more details.
A brand new app is currently being developed that will deliver exciting bonus footage of the experience, documenting the journey of our finalists through exclusive interviews, behind-the-scenes content and more!
- Open to independent solo acts, duos, groups and bands of any musical genre
- Must be between ages 12 – 21 at the time of registration
- Must be a permanent resident of Canada or the United States to be considered eligible
- Talent Nation is currently being offered in Toronto, Vancouver & Montréal, with plans to expand to more cities by 2019. Selected acts who live outside these cities will be invited to participate in whichever location is most convenient, based on availability and proximity
- Further details regarding venues and scheduling will be communicated directly to each finalist following their selection
- Yes. Each finalist is responsible for covering their own travel, accommodation and meal expenses in connection with any and all Talent Nation programs and initiatives
- Yes. Tickets will be on sale for guests who wish to attend the live show. Cost per ticket could range anywhere from $20 – $35, depending on the location and is subject to applicable taxes and fees
- Tickets may only be purchased online through a private link (emailed to each Finalist following their selection) and will not be sold at the door on the day of the show
- In order to ensure a sold out environment, participants are expected to promote their participation in Talent Nation and the live show to the best of their ability, via word of mouth and social media,
Unlike other singing contests, we don’t just hand you a prize and send you on your way. Our goal is to help guide you along your journey well after the process is over. The most deserving acts, based on total votes and the overall verdict our judging panel, will be presented with exciting career-launching opportunities – including, but not limited to the following;
- A 6-month development deal, including your very own manager to oversee the entire process
- Collaborate with world renowned producers and songwriters to record and release your very own hit song
- Professional photoshoot, music video and cover art design to support the single
- A customized marketing and media plan to support the release
- Features in some of Spotify’s top trending music playlists
- Additional live performance opportunities in various festivals and events hosted across North America
- Home studio equipment, valued at up to $5,000.00!
- It’s important to note that Talent Nation does not categorize its participants “winners” or “losers”. The experience is meant to provide equal opportunity to every artist who enters our program, offering a wide range of important benefits, regardless of the final outcome
- There are two ways a finalist may earn any and/or all of our featured prizes: (1) total number of votes and / or (2) the unbiased decisions of our judging panel, comprised of an anonymous group of music industry professionals
We’re just a bunch of music fanatics, committed to fostering an emerging generation of artists and creators. The brains behind the operations is none other Mike Goldfarb, a music industry professional, responsible for guiding a dynamic portfolio of independent artists, record labels and top-level brands.